How to Paint and Decorate An Old Furniture In Formica
How to paint and decorate an old furniture in Formica: techniques and colors to give a new look to an old mobile in Formica. The DIY, economical and practical, will earn you a new furniture to furnish home at no cost.
Formica is a material that, by now, is almost no longer used for the realization of furniture. Those who have at home would certainly like to give new life and new appearance to these surfaces and all this can be done quietly at home, with the right products and the right techniques. Let’s see how to paint and decorate an old ant cabinet.
Furniture in Formica: Decorate and paint
- Furniture Glazing
- Acrylic or oil colors
- Clean the cabinet in Formica to remove dust and other residues.
- Choose the type of enamel to use: glossy effect, semi glossy or opaque, and pass it on the cabinet to give homogeneity.
In this way, your mobile in Formica already has a new look and, if you do not love the decorations, you can also let the enamel dry and keep it so. If, on the contrary, you want to completely change the appearance of the mobile, then switch to the stencils:
- Apply the stencil while holding it firmly with the adhesive tape.
- Tap the color in the stencil spaces, choosing a vibrant paint.
- Complete the details with the brush, especially in areas such as edges, furniture legs, etc.
If you want to use a little practiced technique, bet on the Rosemal, Norwegian technique, perfect if you have a Scandinavian style furniture, which you perform as follows:
- Take some color (acrylic or oil) with the tip of the brush.
- Place the brush on a point on the surface and exert a slight pressure.
- Continue this way until you have created an image that you like.